The Victorian Child Safe Standards and the Reportable Conduct Scheme require schools and other organisations to have a variety of policies and systems in place to protect children and young people from abuse.
These policies and systems are complex by nature and require policy writers with expertise in this area. Safeguarding Services can assist with the development of:
- Child safety policies/statements of commitment;
- Codes of conduct;
- Recruitment policies;
- Child abuse reporting policies; and
- Reportable conduct policies/reporting systems.
Safeguarding Services uses the following methodology to develop policies that exceed best practice, are robust and firmly embed within the organisation to drive a change in culture:
- Needs identification
- Liaison identification
- Information gathering
- Policy drafting
- Stakeholder engagement and feedback
- Finalisation and policy approval
- Implementation and training
- Monitoring, review and revision